Re: Rolling screen

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 22:08:51 EDT

Dave George wrote:

> I have a Capt. Amer. that rolls incessantly. This is the second one
> I've had that does this. (I fried the other one somehow, trying to
> stop it.) Would this be strictly a monitor (H. hold) issue, or can it
> somehow be the board? (Like my Ataxx, takes a long time to sync
> up; not the monitor, it's the board.) All help thankfully accepted.
>
> Remy LeBeau

Can you localize the trouble to either the monitor or the board? This
can be done by substitution. If not, and adjusting the vertical hold
doesn't help, it could be that the board's vertical sync output could be
of the opposite polarity. Or pehaps the connector is in the wrong place
in the monitor; some monitors have several inputs, depending on the
application.

Motherboards can have a sync failure, though it doesn't happen often.