First raster monitor repair.

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:53:12 EDT

After a few vectors, I'm working on my first raster monitor. It's in a clone
(or more optimisticly a prototype) of Rally-X called Hot Race, that no one
else seems to have ever heard of.

It mostly works. It basicly just has some distortion on the top line of the
monitor (though HI SCORE). It like horizontal black lines across the
top. Adjusting the size doesn't effect it. If you roll the screen by
adjusting the vertical hold, the lines disappear, but reappear as soon as
your stop the rolling.

Cap kit, or something else ? This sounds like a FAQ, but checking through
the info on cap kits, I couldn't find something about how to tell if you
need one.

Another odd thing: If you know Rally-X, the brown background is a slightly
different shade when it is bordered by the green blocks than when it goes
across the screen.

-Chris