TECH: Hyper Sports chip replacement

From: Curtis Hart <space_duel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 08:44:55 EDT

<x-flowed>
I'm desperate to get this board working!
Got this board a while back, but one of the chips was rusted and pins were
broken off. Originally, the guy I got the board from told me to send the
chip back and he'd send me another to replace it off another board.

Well, I haven't heard from the guy for over a month despite my trying to
contact him so I'm trying to see about getting this chip elsewhere.

According to the schematics, the chip is located at C5 on the bottom board.
The only labeling on the schematics state: C5 085 and I have no idea what
that is in reference to. Also, Konami thought it would be cute to scratch
off all the identification off the chips they used so trying to ID it that
way is a pain also.

If ANYONE either knows some info on the chip, where to get a replacement,
etc, etc...*OR* have a bad HS board they let me have cheaply so I can
bastardize it for the part let me know. Nothing's more frustrating than
getting this board and not being able to play it :(

Curtis Hart
http://www.gamearchive.com/collector/badger