RE: Monitor degaussing help wanted

From: Mehrtens John-LJM071 <LJM071_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 14:33:27 EDT

Hi Joel,

I can think of a couple things that could cause this other than magnetism.
The most prominent is a purity problem that's external and can be repaired,
whether it be spinning the purity rings (magnets) or adjusting the yoke
position. The other one (which isn't a good sign) is that the aperture
grille (shadow mask) could be damaged. This happens with rough handling or
extreme temperatures. I had a DEC HR-290 20" monitor look like this after
it was dropped just a couple feet.

I don't have much of a suggestion here except to try the purity rings and
yoke to see what you get. It'd be nice if all it needed was a good
degaussing!

HTH,

John