Williams P.S. Boards - Upgrade / Repair Questions

From: Steven Winslow <winslow_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 20:00:30 EST

HI Gents!

Thanks Chris & John for the responses. I just took measurements off of two
different boards that I have worked on. Both boards were tested in my
Defender upright. Here are the numbers:

Board #1 (Currently gives RAM error - will play but resets after a moment.
 A dotted line runs across the top of the screen.)

Connector 4J2 Pin # Expected Measured
                        1 -5V -5V
                        2 KEY
                        3 +12V Reg +11.55V
                        4 -12V Reg -14.78V
                        5 +12V Unreg +12.5V
                        6 +12V Unreg +12.5V
                        7-11 GND
                        12 +5V +5.1V
                        13 +5V +5.1V
                        14 +5V +5.1V
                        15 +5V +5.1V

Connector 4J3 1 6.3VAC 4.78VAC
                        2 6.3VAC 5.15VAC
                        3 27V Unreg 20.7V
                        4 N/C
                        5 KEY
                        6 GND

Board #2 Had symptoms as board #1 and nearly the same measurements as above
with the following exceptions found on connector 4J3.

Connector 4J3 1 6.3VAC 4.8V
                        2 6.3VAC 4.9V
                        3 27V Unreg 20.7V
                        4 N/C
                        5 KEY
                        6 GND

Connector 4J1 from the Transformer in Defender measured out as follows:

                        1 GND (BLK wire)
                        2 N/C
                        3 21.9VAC
                        4 N/C
                        5 10.8VAC
                        6 N/C
                        7 KEY
                        8 64.4VAC
                        9 45.2VAC
                        10 N/C
                        11 42.2VAC
                        12 35VAC

Chris, my schematic doesn't specify what the voltage should be at specific
points in the circuit. I would really like to get my hands on those. It
doesn't even mention what should be found at the couple different test
points on the board. Whaddya think ?

Thanks again for all your help !

Steve