William PS Failure Question

From: Chris Loggans <chris.loggans_at_deltasolutions.com>
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 01:25:30 EST

I just got an email from someone asking what can happen to a board when the
power supply goes out in a Williams Defender game. He says that the +5 was
dead, and he has since replaced the original with a switcher, but now he
doesn't get anying from the game boards. (blank screen and no LED activity
on the ROM board) I don't know if the failure occurred while the boards
were attached or not, but it sounds like they might have taken a pretty big
hit. Anybody have experience with these types of failures? What if the
board wasn't attached during the failure, but run with whatever voltage was
present afterwards. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Chris