Re: Gottlieb RAM question

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 21:01:35 EDT

Roger,

Quite interesting. So the MK4801 was the cheaper alternative to a 16K ram - even
though it was technically the same chip. Hmm.

Well, I took a look through some Gottlieb schematics, and it seems that both 4801
SRAMs have pin 19 labeled as "L" with a bar over it. Am I assuming correctly that
this means logic Low?

Following the traces on the board, it appears each pin is connected to another
device (the schematics only show a connection to a resistor). I know I'm showing
my ignorance, but would I lift pin 19 on these 6116 RAMs and still have a
functioning external circuit?

tom
p.s. for anyone that needs the Gottlieb schematics, they are up on my site:
www.ionpool.net