Re: Death Race Monitor - making some progress

From: <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 22:45:53 EDT

>Is there anything obvious that maybe I'm overlooking? I even tried
>replacing the vertical deflection transistor.

Is the vertical yoke still in one piece? See if you're getting continuity
between the yoke connection from the circuit board, through the yoke and
back. Bad solder joints are common on pins that carry a lot of current,
particularly yoke connections.

If that's okay, check for open resistors. When a semiconductor shorts, it
often cooks a load resistor. Sometimes that's obvious: frying sounds,
flash, burning smell. Or the resistor may just open with no visible signs.
Check the resistor values (out of circuit, if possible) in the vertical
deflection circuit.