Re: Switching Power supply question

From: <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 19:33:29 EST

>I just found (and subsequently purchased) a pretty neat 150W switching
>power supply from BG Micro. Here are the specs:
>
>+5V @ 22 amps
>+12V @ 8 amps
>-12V @ 2.5 amps
>+24V @ 4.5 amps
>
>And the page from their catalog:
>http://www.bgmicro.com/pdf/page25.pdf
>
>Now, I'd like to know if driving the PS at *only* 4 amps or so for a
>game will cause any problems for the supply? At first glance, it would
>seem ideal to work with Williams games, Gottlieb games, Atari games, and
>I suspect a few others :)

As long as all the voltages are okay, Tom, this supply should work just
fine. Those current specifications tell you the maximum amount of current
this power supply can deliver, if need be. It'll supply as many amps as you
like -- up to that amount. You can pull half an amp, three amps, fifteen,
20, with no trouble. Heck, with 22 amps, you can probably drive several
boardsets all at once! :)