Finding a cold solder joint...

From: Andrew Wilson <andrew_at_aqualion.net>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 10:18:14 EST

I've got a couple of boards with intermittent graphics problems that go away
when the board is flexed, which leads me to conclude that I've got a cold
solder joint somewhere that needs to be reflowed. But for the life of me, I
can't figure where it is -- I've tried just wiggling components, but that
doesn't seem to narrow it down (wiggling different components seems to fix
it different times).

Are there any tricks for figuring out where on the board the problem lies? I
don't have any schematics, otherwise I'd try to track it down based on the
symptoms, rather than just blindly wiggling the parts...

Thanks,

-atw