Re: Simple question about cleaning up ground line

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 18:28:40 EST

Half a volt of noise won't mean squat to a relay with 5 volts across the
coil (a couple of volts MAYBE). Plus "noise" (a microsecond here, a
millisecond there) is going to be ignored by the relay. Don't forget to
put a diode across the coil. A capacitor wouldn't hurt either.

To make the board work without the relay you could try a capacitor from
the EPROM line to ground ON THE BOARD. About 10 uF should do it.

The advantage of the relay is it also keeps static discharge off the
EPROM input.