Re: Tube replacement questions

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 01:59:23 EDT

<x-flowed>
Franklin Bowen wrote:

> I've replaced the tube in my Wells-Gardner 19K4906 but have the
> following questions:
>
> 1) What can I use to glue the 3 rubber "feet" to the new tube? I
> remember seeing a long thread about it at one point but don't remember
> the answer(s). Hot glue? Crazy glue? Silicone? All of the above?

The thought of putting hot glue on a CRT scares the begeebees out of me.
 Go with silicone.

> 2) The metal parts in the HV cup have a dry, white powder on them. I
> assume this was an electrical contact enhancer that has dried up.
> Should I remove the old residue? Should I put something new on to
> enhance the contact?

Clean it off, shouldn't need anything here.

> 3) Anything I should do/check before I power it up for the first time?

Make sure ground spring is on tube. If there was a ground wire running
to the neck board (like on Nintendo) make REAL sure it's hooked up.

> 4) What is a good source (hopefully a manual I already have or
> available on-line) for re converging/aligning the monitor? The Galaga
> manual has nothing in it about this.

The WG manual looks like a good place to start. I put a copy up
at www1.cedar-rapids.net/00000028/wg-49xx.pdf for you.