Re: adjusting colors in Centipede monitor

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 14:25:12 EST

You could try this. Worked on my Centipede curiously enough :)

---------------
Subject: Re: WG4906 monitor question - adjusting colors and cutoffs
Date: 15 Feb 2001 17:44:11 GMT
From: hvaleagues@aol.com (Hudson Valley Amusement)
Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting

I have been using a very simple method for many years now and have
been very pleased with the results.

1) Remove all video and sync connections to the chassis.

2) Center your two drive pots and turn your 3 cut-offs to their
minimums (Fully counterclockwise).

3) Apply power to the monitor and adjust your brightness until
you can just see the raster on the screen. Works best with the
lights off in the room.

4) At this point your raster will probably have a dominant color
tint to it. Either red, blue or green. Whatever color is dominant
leave its controls alone and adjust the other two colors cut-offs
until you have equal amounts of all three colors. When all three
are equal you should have a white or grayish/white raster.

5) Reconnect your video and sync hookups and your picture should
be very close to as good as it will get. If you make any adjustments
from here, they will be very small.

This method assumes that the tube and all color circuitry is working.

Mark
www.hudsonvalleyamusement.com