Way off topic, but thought I'd ask

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 18:44:42 EST

I went bowling over the weekend and noticed the really cool looking
Brunswick 2000 score keeper they had there. As sort of a joke I asked my
friends if anyone could guess what type of processor was in it. I was
guessing, of course, maybe 6502 or something around that era. It looked
very Apple IIe-ish. Doing a little research, I found that the Brunswick
2000 (AS-80) may have been as old as 1978 or earlier. Does anyone know? I
think it may have used one of the old motorola b&w monitors. Each pair of
lanes had one, so there were probably about 12 or more of these things and I
found it amusing that something so old would still be in operation today.

Anyway, it was really "Back in the 70's" looking and would be cool to have
if I had the room.

Matt