WG 7300 Monitor with 'Issues'

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 06:17:53 EST

<x-flowed>
Hi ....

I have a WG 7300 monitor in one of my games which has had a tiny problem
from new.

When you turn it on, the picture is VERY dim, after 30 - 40 minutes it
reaches an acceptable level, but I would never call it vibrant which a new
monitor SHOULD be. The problem is not with the game boards but the
monitor. I have adjusted the brightness, contrast, screen control, and
colour drive/cutoff's for the best possible picture but it is still a
little dim for my liking. I have 3 other WG 7300's which are
fine. Turning the screen control up too much just floods the screen with
white fog ...

Is the HV possibly a little low? Could adjusting the B+ give more more
brightness?

Any other ideas, or am I going to have to get my head round how the WG 7300
works (gimme an Amplifone anyday!)

The monitor has done this from new (manufactured June 2002).

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk