Re: Problem with Electrohome G07- only half picture

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 18:26:45 EDT

Ok, I think I officially found the culprit. This one was definitely
tricky. I checked the pots (V lin and V height) carefully, but I wasn't
thoroughly convinced they were bad. I did a test by wiggling the V. Height
back and forth and noticed for a second that the picture would correct
itself and then go bad. I checked R407 and visually it didn't look good
even though it tested ok at 4.7K. I replaced it and the picture was rock
solid. I twiddled all the pots and all seems good now. That resistor must
have been going bad. The other thing might have been simply resoldering the
Pots but I'm pretty sure it was R407.

phew! I think we're done now.

Matt