Re: Gorf & Targ

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 20:30:29 EDT

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:27:42 -0700, you wrote:

>Well, I wish I could. The only other raster (I have plenty of vector
>games :-) I have is a Space Invaders and it is custom fit to the
>cabinet (as far as I can tell).

        It wouldn't work anyway, since the Wells-Gardner 19V1001 used in SPACE
INVADERS is a black-and-white monitor which wants a composite video signal,
while the Electrohome G-07's are color monitors which want separate
R-G-B-Sync.

>> Be very careful when moving monitors around, the monitors can contain a
>> high voltage charge even when shut off.

        Add to that, some of the capacitors on the G-07 chassis, especially
that big one in the power-supply section, can sometimes retain a
respectable charge even _after_ you've discharged the tube.
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)