Turkey Shoot ROM reference

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 12:30:34 EDT

Well I've about given up on fixing a couple of Turkey Shoot boards (and Mike
Ranger won't return any emails for help!). ;^)

I thought I'd post some ROM info I've unearthed for archive purposes.

ROM Configurations (bsed on what I've found and a few people that responded,
the boards can be):
-All REV 1 ROMs
-All PROTO 4 ROMs
-A combination of PROTO 4 and PROTO 7 ROMs. The one I've seen this way was
all PROTO 4, except for ROMs 3, 13 & 18 are PROTO 7.

If you note a different combination to the above, please let me know. I
would be interested to hear about them.

So then I wanted to compare the ROMs to MAME to verify I had a good set of
ROMs. Unfortunately MAME doesn't list what version of the ROMs it has
(unlike it does for other games), so I did a ROM image compare to each
binary of the MAME ROM set.

REV 1 ROMs all compare equally to the MAME ROM set
The combination PROTO 4 and PROTO 7 ROMs (as described above) all compare
equally to the MAME ROM set.
The all PROTO 4 ROMs did not compare 100%. There were 3 ROMs that were
different, ROM 3, 13, and 18 (interesting those are the different ROMs in
the PROTO 4/PROTO 7 boardsets). The others ROMs all compared fine.

Unfortunately, I don't know if those 3 differences in the PROTO 4 are
bit-rot/corruption or real differences. When my Turkey Shoot worked, it was
this boardset that worked (all PROTO 4).

Anyways, I just wanted to post this info in case anyone is ever working on a
TS board and has some ROM questions.

If anyone might be willing to dump and send me the binary for PROTO 4 for 3,
13 and 18, I'd sure appreciate it, as I could compare them to mine to help
further determine if these particular ROMs are different or just corruption.

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net