Re: Gauntlet pcb woes

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 02:14:00 EDT

this is a good general starting process.

1. Verify DC voltages, the +12/15V controls the reset line usually on
Atari boards
2. Verify no AC ripple on the power supply (usually not an issue with
switching power supplies but sometimes)
3. Check for CPU clock signal (pulsing)
4. Check that Reset pin is high. If low, then check reset logic.
5. Pull all ROMs that are not required for self test to run (generally
noted in manual)
6. Start replacing all socketed chips on at a time
7. Replace all excessively hot IC's
8. Get out the schems!! :-)