RE: Hitachi C14C monitor cap list

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 18:33:53 EST

>Sean,
>
>Presumably you can read the values of all the electrolytic caps? Just
>replace all of them. Perhaps a bit overzealous, but if you have no
>schematics... I did that with my bench computer monitor.
>

>tom

Tom,
Well, that's what I was trying to avoid :).
I did take all the values down, but it totals 35 caps, not including the big
power cap. Not unpossible, but painful. I thought if I could find the easy
way out, and get it in the archives for the future, it would be a win-win
situation. If nothing comes of this thread in a couple of days, I'll
replace all the caps, test each one and post which ones I found bad, along
with the values for all the caps on the chassis. That will at least give
the next guy a starting place. Info on this chassis is almost non-existent,
even though it seems like Taito used it on several of it's cocktails.

Sean