Re: Dig Dug freeze problem

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 11:48:24 EST

Well, solved my 'problem'. Broke down last night and built an adapter
harness for my test bench and began looking at both my Dig Dug PCBs.
Taking Al's lead, I looked at the components around the two banks of dip
switches. Moved a couple of dip switches and the game came up!

Now, I am aware there is a dip switch on a Dig Dug PCB that freezes
gameplay. Is this feature useful? Dunno. The odd thing is, the 'freeze'
dip switch was set in the 'off' position such that the game would play
normally. There was another dip switch (5 I believe it was) which has
nothing to do with freezing the game. In fact, it is only used for
Continuation. It was also set to the 'off' position and cased the freeze
during bootup. And since I set up both PCBs with the same dip switch
settings, they both exhibited this 'problem'.

Nice. :)

Anyone hacked through the Dig Dug code to implement free play yet?

tom