Re: N3101 RAM for Missile Command

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 12:49:21 EST

Open collector is needed when you are driving colour video output
resistors. You have to have an output gate that floats when it is not
pulling down the output resistor. You should be able to get the same result
if you use an isolation diode on each output gate, otherwise all the
colours will be the same intensity and you won't get that lovely 16/32/?
colours potential of these old timers...just a nine colour palette.

John :-#)#