Re: Fixed! (was Re: Need help with Joust graphics output problem)

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 11:03:39 EST

LS devices have less current drive available. One 74XX gate can drive
10 X 74XX gates, or 100 X 74LSXX gates, however one 74LSXX gate can
only drive 1 (ONE!) X 74XX gate or 10 X 74LSXX gates.

LS devices run cooler as a result and thus the system as a whole uses
less power...and the response time is improved, and the current
surges on the 5VDC buss are reduced...etc.etc..etc.

John :-#)#