WG 19K7302 Monitor trouble

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 20:56:03 EST

Hi,

I have a WG 19K7302 monitor that I bought from new for my Robotron
cocktail. Unfortunately this monitor has a checkered history and is
probably the most unreliable piece of my collection :o(

The monitor has a history of poor colour purity and contrast. When it died
the first time I traced the fault to the LM1205N RGB chip on the main
board, I replaced it and all was well for a while. The monitor recently
died again and it was again the LM1205N so I ordered a new one and fitted
it. This one however only lasted half an hour before a pop was heard from
the monitor whilst on soak test on my bench, then darkness :o(

Has anyone come across a fault on this type of monitor that is similar? AT
£5 or so a pop I'm reluctant to keep fault finding on this monitor as it
might prove cheaper to replace it :o(

Can anyone help???

Failing that anyone got any WG19K7302 Chassis for sale, alive/dead/whatever???
(or a complete monitor?)

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk