RE: Tron Video Questions

From: James R. Twine <jtwine_at_jrtwine.com>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 20:31:15 EST

> From: James McGovern [mailto:James@RetroBlast.com]
>
> Known issues with the Galaxian monitor:
>
> 1. "Dripping" of the image, most noticable on Galaxian with
> the red fonts.

   If this is happening on one side of the screen (top, left, right or
bottom), it is often called "tearing", if you look carefully it will
seem like part of the image has "wrapped around" on itself. This is
often solved with a cap kit. If all of a particular color looks
"offset" from the rest of the images, that is another problem.

> 2. Green glow about the entire screen, scanlines visible

   See if you have reversed your SYNC and GREEN lines. If it looks
something like the Galaxian (4-Play) image shown on here:
        http://www.jrtwine.com/jtwine/images/DSCN0561.JPG

   -Then that might be your problem. BTW, on this image:

        http://www.jrtwine.com/jtwine/arcade/DSCN0560.JPG

   -The lines at the top of the image are an effect of "tearing".

> 1. Upper right corner (if mounted vertically) has a tearing
> effect in that the picture is "falling" about 3 inches down.

   OK, try adjusting the horizontal or vertical hold, and see if that
locks the picture in.

> 3. It appeared blue or a color close to it was not
> displaying. I noticed the scores were not displaying [...]

   It sounds obvious, but see if your BLUE line is not connected to the
monitor.

> 4. During the attract mode, when it switches from one game to
> the other there is brief static on the screen in the transition.

   I think that is normal. But I have not had my Tron for many years
now...!

> 5. Screen image shakes a bit up and down. I cannot remember
> if I saw this in galaxian.

   No idea. Bad AC and/or filter?

[Get Delete FXP Files Now! http://www.deletefxpfiles.com]
-=- James R. Twine, (spam@jrtwine.com)