HELP.. I did it now! Donkey Kong monitor mess

From: Mark Davidson <Mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 22:53:58 EDT

Ok, Im in deep doo doo and need some help. I took in a nintendo 13
monitor recap job for a friend who is moving in a week. The recap went
great and the picture looked good until I messed with the horizontal
hold adjustment. I obviously cranked the adjustment to where the picture
tore out , but then the monitor shut down on some protection circuit. I
unplugged the monitor for a few and plugged it back in. The screen came
back but now the one side is normal and the other 1/2 goes from a
compressed image.. to an expanded image, back to compressed in the
center of the screen.
     Im dumbfounded.. anyone want to fathom a guess? Time is of
importance here as I need to get this back running before he leaves

I took 2 pictures, marking the issues at the bottom of the picture

http://www.basementarcade.com/dkhelp1.jpg
http://www.basementarcade.com/dkhelp2.jpg

-=Mark=-