Re[2]: Running Pole Position sounds on stereo amp ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 07:57:48 EDT

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, peter jones wrote:

>the ar2 is a great design, why not remove the regulators and power
>transister from it and keep it as an amp?

I suppose my thinking was to disconnect the whole old power system in favor
of something more efficient. No sense running that huge old transformer just
to power the ARIIs and be an isolation transformer. And for right now, I
don't have 10.6v unreg anyway, so I would have to troublshoot that whole
section to get it working anyway.

I probably will anyway, but I want the machine working for Sat's party.

> whiles you have it open, can you dump the roms/proms & pals? i have a pcb
> in storage with bits missing and all i can remember is that they arent in
> mame!

The ROMS are avaialable for MAME -- is anything missing from the set ?
http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=22223

> maybe i'll design you(and me) a multigame circuit too.

Someone is working on this, posted to rgvac recently.