Q*bert high score save

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 23:03:34 EDT

Now that I've seen some activity on the raster list, I'm hoping someone
might have some ideas on my my Q*bert won't save the high scores. I have a
new battery and running the original power supply. In an email exchange
with JROK, he suggested:

> If this is with the original supply when powered down check to see if
> VBATT, pin24 on ICs C5 and C6, is at or around 3v. Also make sure
> that C5 and C6 are low power SRAM's like HM6116's.

The results of that are:

The IC's at C5 & C6 are both the same, HM6116LP-4 by Hitachi. With battery
attached (of course) and game powered down, I measured 3.34 VDC from pin 24
to the ground on the board. Both chips measured the same, as did the
battery itself, 3.34 VDC.

Any ideas where to turn next? Could it be the the VBATT chips themselves
are bad? Please help! Thanks,

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net