Re: Re: I,Robot Stuffed IC question...

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 10:09:05 EDT

this is the PCB that duncan had... I traded him for it... it has no
large video/graphics ROM's on it (the CPU PCB has all the ROMS) and all
the PROM's are the same as production. The ASIC is implemented in TTL.
The board is not solder masked and has several hand fixes on traces etc.
It must be a late prototype boardset. The CPU PCB that I have with it is
a stock I,Robot CPU PCB.

Unfortunately, the CPU PCB is bad in my set. I 'borrowed' a couple other
CPU PCB's from Duncan so I could troubleshoot this as the problem lies
on the CPU and not the video boardset. I should have borrowed an
additional video PCB (production) so I could compare better but I guess
I wasn't thinking that far ahead.

thanks

jess