Re: Re[2]: Ms. Pac-Man Monitor (WG?) bends UPDATE

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 12:09:48 EDT

Alright so all I had lying around was 1500 grit metal polishing
sandpaper. That seemed to pickup some of the grift, however. The
fuses are less than a year old and look to be in great shape as well.
The only problem is, that didn't really fix anything :/ The hum is
still on the speaker and the bar on the right hand side of the
monitor is still there. It does perhaps look a tad bit better,
however, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me :) The
hum through the speaker is also relatively quiet, but does get louder
as I increase the volume, of course.

I saw on twobits.com that it could also be the wiring harness. I'll
check that once I have a few more tools so I can work on the monitor
while I am at it. On that note, this is a stupid question, but wanted
to ask just the same. I assume I just have to put a piece of duct
tape over the back-door open / kill switch when I work on the
monitor? Yes, I know. Stupid questions deserve stupid answers :) but
I just wanted to cover my bases.

:)

Tim