Motorola M7000 Troubleshooting

From: Joel Ricci <joel_at_ricci.se>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 06:40:27 EST

I'm trying to fix the M7000 in my Sprint2 cab which has a very shaky
and wobbly picture. The cab's original isolation transformer is gone
and the monitor is being fed AC directly from the mains, which should
be fine since the M7000 got it's own iso-transformer. However the
original Line Filter is bypassed since I'm not trusting it. The first
problem I've noticed is that I'm getting way too high voltage level
from the monitor PSU circuit. The regulated 73VDC is reading about 90V
and adjusting R93 (73V Adjust) doesn't change it more than 1 or 2
volts. Could this be causing the freaky picture? And why can't I change
the 73V ?

Regards,

Joel