Re: Re[2]: Re: The value of a second opinion :) WG K7200 Monitors

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 09:35:38 EST

Good point. I asked them about it and they suggested to get it since
my K4600 has a 2 prong power connector but the K7200 and D770 have a
3 prong. I'm not sure exactly that the AC adapter is supposed to do
since you can't just magically add a 3rd prong (which I assume is for
earth ground, but am unsure). I know the newer monitors say "no
isolation transformer required" so maybe that hs something to do with
it *shrug*. I haven't quite figured that one out yet, but according
to the salesman, the $10 cable is required unless you want to fashion
your own. I would imagine that the adapter is part of what you get
when you buy a 7200 from another vendor (such as mikesarcade.com).

Tim