no vertical deflection on medium res monitor?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 10:37:41 EDT

I am picking up a 720 this weekend that I've been told just has a horizontal line across the center of the screen (i.e., no vertical deflection). I don't know the specific model of this monitor yet, but I was wondering if raster monitors are similar to vector monitors in that if you are missing deflection, or half a screen, it's usually just a chassis transistor or two. Does anyone know? Or does it get more involved than that on a raster monitor?

  Anything special about working on a medium res monitor (that I know the Atari System 2 games used)? Thanks,

  Joe
  joemagiera@ameritech.net