Atari Big Blue(s)?

From: EvilJim <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 13:24:31 EDT

Seeing as I thought it best to make sure I had good juice before I
looked for other problems in the Tron, I have been working on the
PS/power section of the Tron. Reading up on common issues, things to
look for and so on, I have come across the articles and comments about
Big Blue.

The part that confussles me when I look into my cab is that I don't
appear to have one. What I do have are big blue caps, two of 'em about
the size of a fist, in the filter ass'y part of the power system. Is
this pair, taken together, considered as Big Blue, or is there also a
third cap that is Big Blue? If the pair is not the Big Blue mentioned,
do they also need replacement, considering they fit the bill for
possible victims: big, blue and old?

(I will be working on getting a camera for making some of this easier in
the future...I hope.)