Re: is this not just a pc to jamma??

From: <solarfox_at_triluminary.net>
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 20:07:50 EDT

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:45:22 -0700, you wrote:

>They say it's not a PC running MAME, but I agree...that sure looks like
>a mobo on the bottom. Not to mention that the sale includes a "PC power
>supply"...

        Well, yeah, but there's really nothing magic or special about a "PC
Power Supply", as such; it's just a bog-standard switching PSU that outputs
+5V, +12V, -12V, -5V and, as of the ATX standard, +3.3V. I've used 'em
plenty of times in applications that had nothing to do with PCs, but which
needed two or more of those voltages; they're cheap, easy to come by, and
come with those nice, convenient IEC and Molex connectors already attached.
:)

"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)