tech: Atari System 1 Indy Jones speech missing, music bad?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 11:19:16 EST

Testing an Atari System 1 Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom. Appears to play ok, but in self test, the sound CPU is reported good, but on the Speech Chip Test I get no speech. I tried it in MAME and there are speech clips played. Any idea which chip on which board at what location is bad? The other sounds appear to be fine.

The one other thing I notice is that in MAME, the music self test appears to go much quicker and play more notes than my real game, so I might have a bad music chip too.  Can anyone