RE: Pole Position monitor blowing fuse

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 12:31:27 EDT

Here's a tip when the fuse blows. If the fuse just opens after a while,
then something is slowly drawing too much current. (Fuses can open just
from old age/metal fatigue, without anything really being wrong with the
rest of the circuitry.) But if the fuse blows INSTANTLY, with a bright
flash, and splatters the inside of the fuse glass with black stuff, then
there's a dead short somewhere.

Matt J. McCullar
Fort Worth, TX