Re: Pole Position monitor blowing fuse

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 22:44:49 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/2010 10:36:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chris@westnet.com writes:

I'm going to pull the monitor before I order one, but assuming it's blown,
is there anything else I should be replacing to prlong the life of the
next
one, or just chalk it up to a defective unit ?

I always replace the horizontal output transistor (your Q551 in the Mash)
whenever I replace a flyback....this is the hardest working transistor in
the monitor, and if you did not replace it with the flyback in 2005, it could
have caused the flyback blowout this time...Even though the HOT can still
test good even after a flyback failure, a marginal HOT can kill....