Re: Pole Position monitor blowing fuse

From: <solarfox_at_triluminary.net>
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 01:14:07 EDT

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:07:18 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, MKDUD@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I always replace the horizontal output transistor (your Q551 in the Mash)
>
>Any idea where to get a 2SD649Q ? Bob Roberts doesn't list one.

PartsStore.com lists them -- but *damn*, are they expensive little SOBs.

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Matsushita/Panasonic/CT9092/Matsushita/Panasonic/2SD649Q/New.aspx

Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com) has the NTE165, which is supposed to be
a replacement for the 2SD649Q, in stock, and it is a *hell* of a lot
cheaper, so it might be worth trying:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NTE/NTE165/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsagl7BRmp5TQ24yCmicdJkHfN6G15992A%3d

>Matt -- A fan sounds like a good idea, just a general exaust fan for the
>cabinet ?
>
>This machine already has a PC switching power supply installed, so neither
>of the AR boards are generating heat. I'm just using the old transformer
>block for the monitor isolation transformer.

I'd mount it so that it's blowing air into the cabinet and onto the
monitor, since that's generally the biggest source of heat and the
forced-air cooling will help prolong the life of the monitor board.

"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)