Re: Taito Missile X owner ?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 14:51:05 EDT

Fabrice GIRARDOT wrote:

> John Robertson wrote :
>
>> If you can send me a picture of the board I can hang onto it when I
>> am searching my piles of old PCBs...
>
> Here is it:
> http://img1.uplood.fr/free/8imw_20100308_005018_7146_img.jpg

>> Otherwise you can probably fix that with a ROM Emulator and a bit of
>> time. [snip]
>
> I checked how fast PROM content is needed by the PCB.
> PROM data pins are only connected to 4 shift registers inputs (74165).
> There are little more than 2.0 µs between every PROM address
> change and data bits being loaded into one shift register.
> I have some Hitachi 2732 EPROMs (sloooow 450 ns access time).
> I think such a device will do the job.
>

> Regards,
>
> Fabrice
OK, that big guy looks easy to spot - I'll check when I get back to the
shop tomorrow, but I don't think I have it.

Good luck with the EMU-PROM, considering the speed of the system I think
a 450ns should be fine. If you figure out the code I or someone else can
burn PROMs...if you have a blank one (Data I/O 29B Unipak handles those
easily).

John :-#)#