Re: B/W Raster: Any expensive chassis components (before I toss them)?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 12:42:25 EDT

Joseph Magiera wrote:
> I've got a few Wells Gardner and Motorola black & white raster monitor
> chassis' that I'm about to toss because I'm just tired of moving them
> around. But before I do, are there any expensive or hard to find
> components on them that I should be pulling in case someone needs
> something? Did Electrohome make any b/w raster? I don't recall, but
> if they did, I probably have a few of those too.
>
> Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
> joemagiera@ameritech.net <mailto:joemagiera@ameritech.net>

If you have ANY B&W games you need/should to save the following items:

PCBs,
Power Transformers (WG B&W's eat them up, Motorola's transformers seem
to have been better - very rare to fail)
HV Diodes and leads
HV Transformer (pack very carefully, do NOT twist the rubber body
relative to the frame!!!!!)
Large transistors

As far as I know Electrohome did not make B&W Raster monitors, certainly
I do not recall seeing any and I've been in this racket since the mid 70s.

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com