Re: B/W Raster: Any expensive chassis components (before I toss them)?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 26 2010 - 01:08:17 EDT

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Rodger Boots <rlboots2@gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I know Electrohome did not make B&W Raster monitors, certainly
>
> I do not recall seeing any and I've been in this racket since the mid 70s.
>
> John :-#)#

Yes, they did BRIEFLY make a couple, including a projection monitor.

In the beginning you had modified TV sets (Computer Space even had a
tube-type GE TV, God that thing ran hot!).

Later, seemingly EVERYONE made monitors, most all of them junk. The
exception was the Motorola monitor. For a while game brochures would even
mention that their game used a Motorola monitor because that was a selling
point---it meant the monitor would actually run long enough for the game to
pay for itself.
When the Electrohome came along it was an unknown and overpriced product.
They had been making monitors for quite some time but were unknown to the
game industry. Electrohome didn't make a name for themselves until the
vector monitors were needed.