Re: SID Graphics problem

From: teeray <teeray_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 11:51:19 EDT
If I'm not mistaken VRA is a pull up resistor.  On the mother board  schematic
look right above D3 and you should see the resistors that create VRA and VRB
May be one of the SIP types, This line needs to be held high.
Take a 1K resistor, connect one end to +5 volts then touch the other end to
pin 1 of D5 with the resistor connected, pin 1 should read high.
If it does that means VRA is open and needs replacing
If it stays low then one of the IC's that connect to VBA has
a short. VBA connects to several IC's

Tim