RE: Galaga - problems setting Rank D

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 23:56:07 EDT

Wow! Nice work, Rodney! I don't know if Namco ever did go out of their way
to tell anyone about this, but I can testify that I've never seen this other
tip in any manual anywhere: If the FREEZE VIDEO switch is on when you power
up the game, it will continuously cycle through the boot-up sequence without
ever actually starting the game. (You know those screens full of running
garbage and the explosion sound? It will do that over and over and over...)
I spent a hell of a lot of time trying to "fix" a "bad" boardset with this
"problem"!

Matt