Re: Star Tech Journal 6.3

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Fri Dec 24 2010 - 17:55:54 EST

  Hi James (and John)...

Thanks for the offer James... I will take anything I can get.

John if you put up a torrent, Im sure they would get snagged and
archived fairly well. :-)

Im trying to bring a Raster back to life and want to make sure I have
all the correct mods *before* I fire it up. I think that the HV
transformer for the Raster monitor is probably one of the most unlikely
parts to find working anywhere so i don't want to risk toasting mine
*if* it happens to be good already.

jess

PS - There are some great Amplifone meeting notes buried in Scott's
Atari Documents section (http://www.atarigames.com)... the amplifone
crew was responsible for 3 (out of 4) great failures at Atari. :-(
Amplifone Vector, Amplifone Switching Power Supply, Amplifone Raster.
The only other project they worked on was the Firefox Video Board which
had its own collection of issues, but probably wasn't a game killer like
the projects.