Re: I,Robot Cabaret...

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 10:28:03 EST

  Well it certainly has all the features of an oddball engineering
prototype...

    * Early non-custom-asic video PCB labeled 'Ice World'
    * Switching power supply with Atari PCB log tag on it
    * Amplifone 19" Raster Monitor (these were planned to be used in
      I,Robot, but they ended up being only used in Firefox and later)
    * blank black control panel overlay with handwritten notations of
      functions under clear protective layer
    * I super nice convenient cabinet that isn't a pain to move around

However, I will admit it up front... I build this from spare parts I had
laying around just to make something nice. No I,Robots were damage in
the making of this game (at least by me). the cabinet was an old AD
cabaret that was gutted at some point and I snagged the cabinet. I got
the PCB from Duncan a long time ago in a trade. Not sure where he got
the PCB but it might be in the RGVAC archives from sometime around 1997
if you care to dig.

I made the harness with correct colors and connectors and tried to do as
much as possible the way Atari did it.

But alas, it is a fake. Quite a fun fake tho.

Im going to take it to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown this year
which is April 29-May1 (http://www.pinballshowdown.com/)

jess

GABF: I haven't ever been, but we run busses between GABF (Denver) and
the New Belgium Brewery (Fort Collins) pretty much constantly during the
GABF and give free brewery tours/beer/food for the VIP's. If anyone
ever goes to the GABF, let me know and I can get you on the VIP list
most likely. :-)