Gorf PCB interchangeability with..???

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2011 - 11:12:59 EST

I posted this in KLOV too, but trying here too...

What other game PCBs can be tested and interchanged with a Gorf? According to the Gorf KLOV entry:

>Only the game logic and RAMROM boards are specific to Gorf. The pattern board, cpu board, and RAM boards can be swapped out with other similar games, such as Wizard Of Wor.

Ok, that identifies Wizard Of Wor. What other games qualify under the "such as" clause in the above statement?

Can the pattern, CPU and RAM boards be swapped out with no changes?

Are the game logic and RAMROM boards physically the same, but ROM swaps would be needed otherwise?

Lastly, there are 6 boards in the set, but KLOV only mentions the 5 above, what one is missing, and is that one interchangeable?

Thanks for any information.

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
joemagiera@ameritech.net