Re: Capacitor sourcing?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2011 - 15:44:50 EDT

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Joseph Magiera wrote:

> I'm trying to rebuild some Bally Midway power supplies.  Does anyone have
> any leads on finding 20,000 (or 22,000) uf, 16VDC (or higher) axial
> capacitors (at a reasonable price)?  I tried Mouser, Bob Roberts, MCM, MPJA,
> Unicorn, Allied, Jameco, Newark, Digikey, ebay, and a few others.  I am
> looking for 5 of them.  The cheapest I could find was Digikey, at $7.19,
> with a min order of 100 of them.  I found some on ebay for $10 each (and
> higher).  Yikes!

BG Micro sometimes has oddballs (www.bgmicro.com)
Or www.allelectronics.com

Also, I've found with Mouser and DigiKey that the printed catalog is easier
to find reasonably priced options. The web search for some reason brings up
the most expensive version of whatever you are looking for. Don't know why.