Re: M2716A-2F1 datasheet

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2013 - 12:27:32 EST

Rodger Boots wrote:

> BE CAREFUL, 2716s program using 25 volts but what you have uses 21 volts.
>
> On Jan 31, 2013 12:16 AM, "Matthew Rossiter" <matt@rossiters.com
> <mailto:matt@rossiters.com>> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have the datasheet for the ST Microelectronics eprom
> M2716A-2F1? I bought them from Jameco but I can't seem to program
> them. They are fast 200ns eproms.
>
> Matt

Programming a 21V 2716A (that is what the "A" means) on a 25V programmer
will normally destroy the Eprom. This is also the difference between the
2732 (25V) and 2732A (21V).

If you can't find the exact manufacturer and part number on your list of
Eproms that came with your programmer then you MUST find out exactly
what the device needs and then determine what Eprom is closest to it so
that its algorithm will work before attempting to program it. the
devices from the 70s were very particular about voltages and timings,
devices from the mid-80s and later usually to have code inside them that
the programmer can recognize to figure out the programming voltage(s)
required.

John :-#(#

                 www.flippers.com