RE: [Techtoolslist] FW: Using 8080 pod on Midway 8080 boards (Space Invaders)

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_sierralobo.com>
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 07:14:55 EST

>Do your pods have the twisted cable or the straight? Both
>mine have the straight.

Our 8080 pods have the OEM twisted cables. Our 6502 pods (re: Clay's
Tempest question) come in both twisted and the flat cables. I'm assuming
the flat cable is a non-factory replacement item, but could be totally wrong
about that. The 6502 pod that failed just happened to have had a flat cable
but I'm confident the drive problem was unrelated; we found one specific
driver output that wasn't going sufficiently high once plugged into a "real"
target board. It wasn't a general malaise of the address lines like you
might expect from transmission line losses or higher EMI susceptibility due
to the flat cable if that's what you are wondering.

>Are you using a 9010 or a 9100 to drive the pod?

Both...

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com